EMBER Youth Ministry
Ignite the Fire for Christ, and Burn it Bright
A Student Ministry at CUMC
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commaded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (NIV)
Geoff Spaid, Youth and Young Adults Ministries Director
Guiding students to discover and embrace their identity in Christ.
Work: 814-432-3019, ext. 301
Appalachia Service Project (ASP)
- A youth-based mission trip
- Accepting people as they are, where they are, while making their homes warmer, safer, and drier.
- A week-long mission to one of the most poverty stricken areas in the U.S, the central Appalachia region of West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Tennessee,
- Step outside your spiritual and physical comfort zones while working with pry bars, insulation, prayer, and interaction with families and other volunteers.
- Visit www.asphome.org for more information on ASP.
- An active member in PennDOT’s highway clean-up program for well over a decade.
- We go wearing gloves and fashionable reflective vests looking to return our two-mile stretch of highway to the cleanest section of road in Venango County.
- The contest each time for the most unique piece of trash always sparks a fierce debate!
- Applefest is the biggest weekend of the year in Franklin
- Friday and Saturday we “rent” out the spaces in the church lot, situated just a block and a half from Applefest itself.
- Jesus has paid the price for everyone, including their parking fee!
Youth Meeting Times
Sunday Morning Youth
Teachers: Geoff Spaid and Terry Ray
Time: Sunday mornings 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Location: Youth Lounge, Lower Level
What does the Word of God mean to us today? How do we live as Christians? In this class, discover the meaning behind the Word of God and what it means to us today through conversation, study, and real-life application.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 –
“All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (NIV)
“Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.” (NIV)
Junior/Senior High Youth
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Sunday Afternoons
Location: Heritage Hall Gym
A Christ-centered group focused on fellowship and sharing the gospel so students discover who God is and where He works in their lives and the world.
Teacher: Geoff Spaid
This thirteen-week class helps students discover what it means to be a follower of Christ within the Methodist Church. By the end of the course, students will be able to understand and rearticulate their beliefs in God and Jesus Christ.
Attendance is mandatory for all who sign up. Class is limited in size and availability. Please contact Geoff Spaid for more information.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do”
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR YOUTH TEAM?
Contact Geoff Spaid for more information on how you can get involved!